Vermont Super 8, Here I Come!

We're well in to 2021 and I have decided to embark on an adventure that is unlike anything I've done before. I am a far cry from a superb mountain biker or a race hardened endurance athlete -- I'm actually just an average guy with a full time job, family, kids, and not a lot of spare time. The longest continuous ride I have done is about 80 miles and, on a good week, I currently average about 50 miles of riding. However, this year I have committed to spending the spare time that I do have preparing for participating in the North Lobe section of the Vermont Super 8. Yes, I may be doing the shortest of the 3 options, and no, I will not be the fastest person, but I sure am excited.

As is evident from the email response from the organize, Daniel Jordan, I have officially been added to the list of folks participating in the Grand Depart on September 24. My legs (and butt) have been put on official notice, and in less than 8 months, I'll hopefully be riding on the gorgeous roads of Vermont. 

Going forward I plan on documenting my training progress, the gear choices I make, the ups and downs, and any trips that I take to help me prepare for this event. I know I will have a lot of fun and will undoubtedly learn a lot about the sport and myself. Let the games begin!



Comments

Popular Posts